LCSARO holds meetings/training sessions on the second Monday of each month. All Lane County Amateur Radio operators with an interest in ARES are encouraged to attend and find out more about the organization.
Meetings are generally held on the second Monday of the month at 7 PM at the Lane County Sheriff’s Office in Meeting Room 175. Meeting locations can vary (especially in the summer months), watch for announcements or contact us for more information.
Training topics vary from month to month, but support our primary goals of Emergency Communications, Project Lifesaver, Search and Rescue support and Public Service.
- Message Handling Exercises
- Transmitter Hunting (Amateur and Project Lifesaver)
- Field Operations (Field Day)
- GPS Operation and Activites
- Simplex Exercise (EOC and Remote Locations)
- Central Lane 911 Center, City of Eugene EOC, and City of Springfield EOC, Site (Radio Room) Tours.
125 E. 8th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
(Click on the map for a larger version)