LCSARO holds meetings/training sessions on the second Monday of each month. All Lane County Amateur Radio operators with an interest in public service and ARES are encouraged to attend and find out more about the organization.
Training topics vary from month to month, but support our primary goals of Emergency Communications, Project Lifesaver, Search and Rescue support and Public Service.
Past training has included:
- Message Handling Exercises
- Transmitter Hunting (Amateur and Project Lifesaver)
- Field Operations (Field Day)
- GPS Operation and Activities
- Simplex Exercise (EOC and Remote Locations)
- Central Lane 911 Center, City of Eugene EOC, and City of Springfield EOC, Site (Radio Room) Tours.
Meetings are generally held on the second Monday of the month at 7 PM at the Lane County Sheriff’s Office in Meeting Room 175 (entrance off of Oak St). Meeting locations can vary (especially in the summer months), watch for calendar announcements or contact us for more information.